Hosting a charity walk or run?
Here are seven ideas on how you can use text messaging to drive engagement and communicate with participants during a fundraiser.
- Have your registrants include their mobile numbers for live event notifications and alerts. This option is useful if there is a rainout or information they'll need to know leading up to the event.
- Ask runners to text a number when they arrive at check-in and again when they leave to ensure everyone's accounted for at the end of the day.
- Send real-time updates on your goal's progress.
- Give runners a simple way to reach someone if they need help.
- Send everyone a link to routes and include instructions or even a playlist of songs.
- Communicate 1:1 or with the whole group in real-time before, during, and after the big day.
- Thank them with a text or even a phone call a day or two later and include a link or instructions to register for next year's event.
Make it easy for your participants to connect and sign up for future events, newsletters, or make donations — on the spot — with a text. The Rally Platform does not require an internet connection or an app download. They just send a text and follow the prompts.
Want to see other examples? Schedule a short demonstration here.