Goal: Make it easy for people to donate.
Who’s it for: Every nonprofit wants to make it easier to donate, right?
Here's How it Works
- Set it up: Create a keyword for our 24365 shortcode (you can also use a regular or toll-free phone number) and/or set up a QR code to do the same thing.
- Auto-reply: When someone texts your keyword to the phone number you select (or trigger the QR code), the Rally platform will send them an automatic text with your message and a link. You need to customize that message and include a link to your donation page.
- Donate: When someone clicks the link, they’ll go to your donation form and hopefully donate.
- Reminder: If they don’t click the link, you can follow up with a reminder text.
- Follow up: Whether they donate or not, you can run a report to track progress and then tag those contacts for future follow-up.
Simple success: See how My360Project uses text-to-donate in simple conversations to share what they do and bring in donations.
Examples: Here are 7 examples of nonprofits using text-to-donate.
- Feeling creative: The Rally platform supports emojis, videos, and images like GIFs, so you can personalize your message to improve results.
- Get more info: Add prompts to collect additional information, like donation or pledge amount, name, email address, and more.
- Show progress: Pair with the Rally Thermometer to display the results of your fundraiser and capture messages to be shared live during your event.