Goal: Expand your support by tapping into the networks of your biggest fans.
Who’s it for: Nonprofits with engaged supporters who are ready to do more.
Here’s How It Works:
- Decide on the trigger: Whether it’s signing up for more info or making a donation, pick the action that will trigger the viral loop.
- Create two messages: Write a short kickoff text message or create a video that’s sent to your supporters when they sign up or make a donation. It should pitch your cause and encourage them to share it. You’ll also need to write a second sharing message they can send to their friends.
- Send: The kickoff message gets automatically sent when the action is triggered.
- Share: The message includes a link they can use to send the sharing message to friends in their phone’s contacts.
- Loop: Every friend who signs up or makes a donation also gets a link to share, repeating the process.
Go deeper: Learn more about how to make those most of a viral loop to activate your supporters.
- Feeling creative: Use video to boost engagement and make sure your message connects.
- When to use it: A viral loop works great with peer-to-peer fundraising efforts or events where you may not have all the contact information from all participants (such as a golf tournament or a gala with sponsored tables).