Goal: Make it easy to trigger a specific action.
Who’s it for: Every nonprofit who wants to rally people to act and build their mobile opt-in lists.
Here’s How It Works:
- Set it up: Create a keyword for our 24365 shortcode. It stands for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year—easy to remember! (You can also use a regular or toll-free phone number and/or set up a QR code to do the same thing.)
- Auto-reply: When someone texts your keyword to the phone number you select (or trigger the QR code), the Rally platform will send them an automatic text with your message and a link. That’s where you put your specific call to action, whether it’s a donation, volunteering, a prompt for details, or just sharing information.
- Action: When someone clicks the link, they’ll go to your site to take action. That action is up to you. Text-to-donate is very common, but you could use it for almost anything—volunteering, connecting people to services, signing up for alerts, learning about your nonprofit, and more.
- Reminder: If they don’t click the link, you can follow up with a reminder text.
- Follow up: Whether they act or not, you can run a report to track progress and then tag those contacts for future follow-up.
Simple success: See how My360Project asks people to text a keyword in simple conversations to share what they do.
- Feeling creative: The Rally platform supports emojis, videos, and images like GIFs, so you can personalize your message to boost connection. A video from your founder can be a great way to introduce people to your organization’s work.
- Get more info: Add prompts to collect additional information, such as name, email address, interest area, donation amount, and more. You can text PROMPTS to 24365 right now to see how it works.